Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Feedback on ACF Project

Unread

Feedback on ACF Project

• I am hoping to get some feedback from the community on a project that I am working on using ACF, but not sure if I am headed in the right direction.

On a daily basis I have to track all the work performed by the contractor and their subcontractors on my projects. Currently I am using an excel spreadsheet, but it has become very time consuming creating my reports this way and searching for data. I am hoping over time if I can get this to work in ACF that I would be able to build off of this project.

Project Setup

I have an Option Page with a list of Contractors and three Custom Post Types for Contract Items, Labor, and Equipment. Here are the structures for the Option Page and CPTs.

Contractor:
    Contractor Name (text area) Stores the Contractors Name from the Prime and all the subs on a project.

Contract Items:
    Item Number (number)
    Item Name (text)
    Unit (number)
    Price per Unit (number)

Labor:
    Contractor (select field, dynamically filled from the CPT Contractor Options Page)
    Labor Name (text)
    Trade (select field, dynamically filled from the CPT Labor Trades under another Options Page that I have created)

Equipment:
    Contractor (select field, dynamically filled from the CPT Contractor Options Page)
    EQ ID (number)
    Equipment Description (text)

I have created a CPT called Daily Reporting and a field group called Field Report. The Field Report structure looks something like this:

Field Report (Field Group)
    – Report Number(Number)
    – Report Date (Date Picker)
    – Start Time (Number)
    – End TIme (Number)
    – Weather (Text)

– Item Work Log (Repeater)
    – Contract Item Name (Select) *From CPT – Contract Items
    – Item Work Description (Wysiwyg Editor)
    – Labor (Repeater)
    – Contractor (Select) *Option Page Contractor
    – Trade (Select) **I want to dynamically show only the trades for the selected Contractor.
    – Labor Name (Select) **I want to dynamically show only the labor for the selected Trade and Contractor.
    – RT Hours (Number)
    – OT Hours (Number)

– Equipment (Repeater)
    – Contractor (Select)*Option Page Contractor
    – EQ Description (Select) **I want to dynamically show only the Equipment for the selected Contractor.
    – EQ ID (Select) ***I want to dynamically show the Equipment ID for the selected Equipment Description.
    – RT Hours (Number)
    – OT Hours (Number)

– Photo Gallery (Gallery)

I have setup the field reports to force myself to track each item separately with its own description, labor, and equipment. In the future, I would like to be able to pull up a specific Item Work Logs and filter on a date range. This would be very helpful to be able to select the Concrete item and find out who worked on this item during a period of time. Would this be possible the way I have setup this up?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Feedback on ACF Project’ is closed to new replies.