Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Feature Request – radio button group across Repeater rows

Solving

Feature Request – radio button group across Repeater rows

• Is there any way to make a radio button in a Repeater Subfield that is grouped across rows, so that only one radio button can be selected for the entire table?

• Do you mean you want to have a single setting applying to all fields in the repeater that is the same?

Couldn’t you just a set a value outside of the repeater and use this external variable inside your repeater loop?

If you want the option to override the setting on each individual repeater, you could have a boolean for this and check for that first before using the other value.

I often do this with a tab called ‘Advanced Settings’ to make things a bit easier for the user too.

• I mean that I want the ability to allow/force the user to choose a boolean that’s true for one and only one row of the repeater table. For example, if the repeater is a list of people, I want to have a column for “Main Contact Person.” Setting that to “true” for one person should set it to “false” for everyone else, like a group of radio buttons.

Does that make sense?

• Ahh yeah that makes sense. You’re probably right, that would need to be a feature addon I think.

As a temporary workaround, you could always include the option on each field and add a message that says that the first instance of this variable being selected will apply.

• I could probably add custom Javascript to handle it, here: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acfinputadmin_head/

• JiveDig

• December 18, 2014 at 5:16 am

I need this too, for a very similar situation. 1 row needs to be set as the default in a repeater.

Anybody get it working?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.