Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) "Fatal error" on memory

Solving

"Fatal error" on memory

• I am now seeing the following error when trying to edit a page, the one I have marked as homepage, in my Pages backend…

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64 bytes) in /home/mytheme/public_html/wp-includes/meta.php on line 841

… My field set contains a LOT of fields – though not all of them are currently active on the page in question.

How can I get around this – either increasing WordPress memory allowance on the server, or changing something in ACF?

Thanks.

• Adding define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); to wp-config.php worked…

… But I would still welcome comments about my memory usage.

(As long as they don’t include: “Turn back and don’t use this complex field set you have spent more than a month building”).

• What you added didn’t really change anything (268435456 == 256M) so it’s strange that this would clear up the problem.

There can be memory issues with ACF, but they are rare. I’ve found that most of the time these memory issues are caused by something else, many times it is an infinite loop. This can be caused by some actions and filters in WP.

I’ve found one other instance where this happens. It has to do with being logged in as an editor. What type of user are you logged in as when the error happens?

What other plugins are you running? Can you deactivate other plugins and get the same error?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘"Fatal error" on memory’ is closed to new replies.