Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues extract all checkbox values on a page

Solved

extract all checkbox values on a page

• Hello,
    I have radio checkbox fields containing city names. I need to extract all values from this field, then display on the page only values that are contained in atleast one post of given category.
    I know I can get these values with
    <?php echo implode(', ', get_field_object('example')[choices]); ?>
    and this is working fine on single article, but not in page.
    I know that I should use get_option('page_for_posts') in pages, but this never worked for me. I didn’t even set page for posts.
    Any idea to extract this field on a page?

• Sorry, I’ve read over your question several times and I can’t seem to work out what you’re trying to do by your explanation.

What post type is the field attached to? What page are you trying to display them on? Will need more specifics to figure out what you need.

• Thank you for your reply. I’m sorry for my bad explanation and your lost time.
    I have a radio button fields with city names. I’m trying to retrieve all of these values regardless of the selected one. I am able to do it with the code <?php echo implode(', ', get_field_object('example')[choices]); ?> when I insert it in the single.php page of my template. The above code doesn’t work in page.php.
    When I will be able to extract all these values in an array, then I will process them one by one to check if posts with the related city name exist and if true echo a link on the page.
    Thanks in advance
    Tony

• Because you are on a page and not in the template that showss the posts you need to supply a post ID from a post that the field is attached to.

This means that the first thing you’re going to need to do is to get a post and set a valued for $post_id, then add that argument to the get_field_object call.

<?php echo implode(', ', get_field_object('example', $post_id)[choices]); ?>

• I actually solved this simply by typing the field key instead of the field name. For future reference the field key can be found using this guide: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/get_field_object/
    Thank you for your help
    Tony

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘extract all checkbox values on a page’ is closed to new replies.