Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Exporting data from categories' group fields

Solving

Exporting data from categories' group fields

• I have a fields group that are set to be shown for category pages only (Rules: Show this field group if ‘Taxonomy’ is equal to ‘category’) and have some data saved already. Now when I try to import/export my website using WP importer I don’t retrieve these data, I get whatever data I have in metadata for posts but nothing from fields related to categories! Is there a known fix for this issue?

Any help is appreciated!

• The WP exporter/importer does not export/import term meta, user meta or options. It has to do with the WP import/export tool and not ACF. There are probably other plugins that will do what you need, but I’m not sure what they are.

• Just want to second the motion that this behavior is indeed part of ACF’s problem set: If ACF adds the metadata, it’s reasonable to think that ACF would also ensure it gets imported and exported.

Obviously you can offload this to someone else, but solving it for users would make it a nice integrated experience.

• Actually I don’t know what’s happening exactly, but based on WP Core Trac, the export and import of term meta was added in WP 2016:

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34062

When I tried an export that included a term with meta, it seemed to work (see attached).

So not sure why the original poster was having problems, but the answer probably could have been “it should work”.

Yay for WP core solving this already!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Exporting data from categories' group fields’ is closed to new replies.