Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Exported PHP register_field_group location variables

Solved

Exported PHP register_field_group location variables

• Edit/update – using acf_add_local_field_group and wrapping it in a function to call add_action('acf/init', 'my_wrapper_function'); plus hardcoding the page id at least gets me the fields on the admin side. Form won’t show on the front-end though and hard coding the id’s obviously not a real solution.

TL;DR – When bringing in fields from an exported PHP field group, does register_field_group() need to come with acf_form_head before get_header?

Perhaps this is a little bit more of a WordPress question than a ACF question, but here goes…

I’m working on a plugin that integrates with ACF to display a front-end form and capture/create new posts with the submitted values. I’m basically finished working my locally and am trying to move to my dev server. To do that, I used the “export as PHP” option on my field groups. Fine so far. But, here’s where I’m stuck.

In order to have the fields display on both my “Make a Request” page and the individual posts, I made a rule for ACF

"show the field group if"
    Page is equal to Make a Request OR Post Type is equal to request_form (my CPT)

This works fine locally so I exported the PHP imported to my plugin and pushed to dev.

Here’s the problem – In the exported PHP, in the register_field_group function, this rule is represented in the location key towards the bottom. There the rule for the page looks like this…

array (
    	'param' => 'page',
    	'operator' => '==',
    	'value' => '4',
    	'order_no' => 0,
    	'group_no' => 0,
    	),

value => '4' is the id of the page on my local environment, but not the development server or (presumably) any other environment that follow. So…

How can I set this as a variable before the page has loaded (since acf_form_head is called before get_header)?

• This problem can be solved by doing this…

function pass_post_id_as_string() {
      global $post;
      $post_id = $post-> ID;
      $post_id_as_string = (string)$post_id;
      return $post_id_as_string;
    }
    add_action('wp_head', 'pass_post_id_as_string');

in the location part of the array (see above) set the value as the function.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Exported PHP register_field_group location variables’ is closed to new replies.