Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Export products .CSV with custom fields?

Solving

Export products .CSV with custom fields?

• Hello! I am using ACF to add custom fields to my products. I wanted to export a .CSV file to bulk add and edit products with the base woocommerce fields + the new fields I added.

However when using Woocommerce product “Export” to .csv feature, these custom fields I added do not show up in the .csv file.
    Am I missing something?
    I assume the woocommerce native export just exports its default attributes and does not interact with ACF.

What options do I have in order to export/import the products with the created custom ACF fields?

I found this plugin: https://www.smackcoders.com/wp-ultimate-csv-importer-pro.html
    However at the moment it is quite expensive to pay 150$ just for the feature of being able to export/import custom fields.

Thank you in advance for the attention and advice. Much love.

• Your only real choices are premium pluigns, I prefer http://www.wpallimport.com/ and it’s export counterpart. Yes, these can be expensive, but most of them, if you buy the right one, give you lifetime support and updates. The one I use is a bit more expensive but it comes with an add ons specifically for ACF and WC.

And now for my honest opinion, export and import tools will not save you any time over editing the information directly in WP. Any time savings, as far as I’m concerned, is an illusion. When you take into account the time needed to set up the export, do the export and then do the import plus then inevitable time you’ll spend correcting problems because you made a simply typo in the data before you did the import, it is very likely that you’ll spend more time than you would have it you just opened the products and made the changes. But like I said, it’s only my opinion.

• Indeed I agree with you. This would just solve the issue that we need to import a few hundred products from another store. This is why I thought that purchasing 150$ of a product to do a one time import is unreasonable for me. Thank you for sharing your experience and letting me know.

• Yes, for a new site where you have existing data to export from and existing site and need to import it is the best place to use an importer. If you’re not a developer and you’re only going to use the import plugin once it can seem expensive. You need to weight the cost of the tool + building the import against the cost of the hours you’ll spend doing the work manually.

• This is exactly my issue! I need to do this once-off and don’t want to pay that much. I realise that it would take as many hours and therefore possibly more cost to do manually, depending on the number of products.

You can’t easily copy the data manually per product from the regular WP custom fields to ACF, because when you activate ACF, the original fields become invisible. (At least, this was my experience) .

I wonder if there are any people out there with the license who would offer this service, as they are allowed to use it on as many sites as they like. Maybe that would be a compromise price-wise?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Export products .CSV with custom fields?’ is closed to new replies.