Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Export Field Groups to PHP

Solved

Export Field Groups to PHP

• I am attempting to export Custom Field Groups with the PHP method. I followed the instructions of copying & pasting the PHP code into my functions.php file.

After I uncomment the add-ons code in functions.php to activate them, I receive a blank page error in WordPress.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

• I solved the issue by deactivating the ACF plugins first. Now everything works fine.

• A follow up question.

I have several other custom functions in my functions.php that I call using the get_template_part() command. In order to help organize my functions, the get_template_part() retrieves separate functions files within a directory in my theme called “functions”.

I was wondering if it’s possible to paste the ACF export code in a separate file within my “functions” directory, and call it from the functions.php file using get_template_part()?

• It appears that I spoke to soon. I now receive an error when I attempt to update a post.

The error states:
    “Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by…”

Any recommendations?

• Hi @thinkwell

May I ask why you have nu-commented the add-ons code?

Do you know that this code is ONLY for use if you have the add-ons within your theme. If you have the add-ons installed as normal plugins, you DO NOT need this code.

Thanks
    E

• I uncommented the code because the add-ons are included within my theme, not as plugins.

• Hi @thinkwell

Can you please turn on DEBUG MODE in your wp-config.php file and look for the PHP error you get on the white screen

Thanks
    E

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Export Field Groups to PHP’ is closed to new replies.