Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Export ACF data to Excel Spreadsheet

Solved

Export ACF data to Excel Spreadsheet

• Hi All,

I installed ACF on my AgentPress Real Estate site so I could have Seller Detail fields on the back end, lockbox codes, seller name, seller contact details, etc. It’s a great tool because I can keep these fields from being visible on the front end of the site.

I would like to be able to export the data from these custom fields into an Excel spreadsheet. However when I do export the data, it comes back looking like this: field_52b9b1e32284f, field_52b9b24e22851, field_52b9b22822850, etc.

Is there a way to get the actual data in these custom fields? This would make ACF the perfect solution to exporting listing data for the real estate agents.

Trypanama.com

• Hi @lazybeaches

What you have pasted, are 3 field keys.
    Each field you create in ACF has a unique field key.

Without knowing how or what you ‘exported’, I can’t explain why you have these values. Perhaps you need to select some different settings in your export plugin?

Thanks
    E

• I named a field “Seller Name”

When I go to export the “Seller Name” field, it comes back as the field_52b9b1e32284f instead of the Seller’s name. I want to know how to export the actual data put in the fields of the created custom fields.

• I use PhiMind plugin for exporting. I can choose Custom/Meta Field and then choose _seller_name

• Hi @lazybeaches

Instead of selecting ‘_seller_name’, please select ‘seller_name’.

The first is a reference value to the field_object which explains why you are seeing a field key instead of a value.

Thanks
    E

• I just did an export of the field you mentioned and received “FALSE” in all the fields in that column. I chose seller_name, seller_email, and all the other custom fields that I create that don’t have the underscore in front of it.

What would cause a “FALSE” result for all the fields requested? When I go into the listings, these fields do contain data.

• Just to be clear, the standard WordPress fields did populate data, like title, ID, date, etc. It was just the ACF data fields I wanted to export that came back with “FALSE” results.

• Hi @lazybeaches

I installed the plugin in question and have successfuly exported some posts with a custom field column!

I have attached a screenshot below to show the custom field value.

Perhaps the ‘false’ value is due to no data being found for the given post type and custom field name?

I also had an issue with the plugin where no values would appear because of a PHP error coming from the plugin. I turned off debug mode to fix this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    E

• I see the PHP error, but don’t have an option to turn off debug mode. I ended up deleting and re-installing the PhiMind Export plugin and the “FALSE” notification disappeared. Hopefully this is a permanent fix, but if it’s temporary and the PHP error shows up again, I could delete and re-install as I did this time. Exporting the data has truly made a huge difference for us!

Can you share how you turned off debug mode? I’d like this as an option rather than deleting and re-installing if I encounter this issue again.

• Hi @lazybeaches

DEBUG_MODE can be found in your wp-config.php file.

Thanks
    E

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Export ACF data to Excel Spreadsheet’ is closed to new replies.