Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Expire Repeater Rows Based on Date Entered

Solving

Expire Repeater Rows Based on Date Entered

• phej

• October 25, 2019 at 2:54 am

I have an events field for my homepage. There is a WYSIWYG field called calendar_item and a Date Picker field called time_expiry.

I would like to compare today’s date against time_expiry and if time_expiry is greater, show calendar_item.

This code seems like it should work, but I’m not getting any results when I view the page. Any idea what I’m missing?

<?php date_default_timezone_set('America/New_York'); // set default timezone
        $today = date('Ymd');  // get today's date
        $expire = the_sub_field('time_expiry', 'option'); //get ACF expiration date
        $event = the_sub_field('calendar_item', 'option');  // This is our announcement field 

if ( have_rows( 'calendar' ) ) : while ( have_rows( 'calendar' ) ) : the_row();
            if( $expire > $today ) : //Is time_expiry greater than todays date?>
                <?php echo $event; // echo the event?>
            <?php endif; endwhile; else : endif;?>
  • Is there another have_rows() loop before you try to get the sub fields ‘time_expiry’ and ‘calendar_item’? or are these sub field of ‘calendar’? Is ‘calendar’ from ‘option’ as well or from a post?

Also, to get the value of a field you need to use ‘get_sub_field()and notthe_sub_field()` since the second function echo the value and does not return anything.

• thanks for the information...

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.