Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field Ex- and import flexible content – save deletes content

Solving

Ex- and import flexible content – save deletes content

• ACF pro 5.5 – WP 4.7.4

Hi,
    we have 2 identical websites in 2 different languages (and no wpml).

The ACF-field-groups were copied via ex- and import. Everything worked fine but the flexible content are broken.
    New content gets deleted while saving.

Strange thing: the ACF-validation jumps in and marks the now empty field. You can fill them again – the validation is good – publish – the fields are empty.
    I checked every value and the database.
    I deleted all field groups – emptied trash – repeated the ex- and import process a few times. all other fields are working as expected – just flexible content fails.

Any ideas?
    Thank you very much

Patrick

• What your describing is a symptom of PHP max_input_vars issues. Try installing this plugin and see if you get a warning when you try to submit your form https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-max-submit-protect/

• Plugin installed.
    No warning.
    Same behaviour: I hit update, the new fields remain – content is empty.

• If you have 2 identical sites, one working, one not, possibly start looking at differences in the hosting environment.

• ah, no.
    1 server – 2 identical sites.
    everything works fine – except: imported flexible content.

I’ve created new flexible content – works flawless.

the problem is that I’ve got a lot of (great) ACF-fields and I can’t use them on a new instance of wordpress.

• It could be that there is an bug in the export/import that I am not aware of. Please submit a new support ticket there so that they can look at your problem. https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket/. Provide as much information as you can. A copy of your exported field groups would probably be helpful to them.

• Any updates on this? I’m experiencing something similar.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ex- and import flexible content – save deletes content’ is closed to new replies.