Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues escaping single quotes in php output

Solved

escaping single quotes in php output

• I am generating a google map using advanced custom fields, it works great except that I have a lot of French text and they used single quotes all over the place, the single quotes are breaking my google map output..

I tried wrapping my field ( the_field(‘street_address’) ) in esc_html(), addslashes() and esc_attr() with no luck..

var contentString<?php echo $post->ID; ?> = '<div id="content">'+

'<div id="siteNotice">'+

'</div>'+

'<h3 id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading"><?php the_title(); ?></h3>'+

'<div id="bodyContent">'+

'<p><b>Address:</b> <br /><?php echo the_field('street_address'); ?>, <?php echo the_field('city'); ?><br /> ' +

'<?php echo the_field('postal_code'); ?><br><br />' +

'<b><a href="<?php echo the_field('website'); ?>" target="_blank">Visit website</a></b><br />' +

'<b><span>Distance: <?php echo get_the_distance(null, 1); ?> KM </span></b><br />' +

'</p>'+

'</div>'+

'</div>';
  • Not really sure about the issue in general, but this is incorrect right off the bat:

echo the_field

When you use the_field, it outputs to screen so no need to echo. Maybe that’s what the problem is.

Try replacing every instance of echo the_field and the_field to simply: get_field().

Hope this helps.

• @csaborio is likely correct try echo esc_html(get_field('your-field'))

• The echo didn’t matter, but this helped

get_field instead of the_field

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.