Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues escaping single quotes in php output

Solved

escaping single quotes in php output

• I am generating a google map using advanced custom fields, it works great except that I have a lot of French text and they used single quotes all over the place, the single quotes are breaking my google map output..

I tried wrapping my field ( the_field(‘street_address’) ) in esc_html(), addslashes() and esc_attr() with no luck..

var contentString<?php echo $post->ID; ?> = '<div id="content">'+

'<div id="siteNotice">'+

'</div>'+

'<h3 id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading"><?php the_title(); ?></h3>'+

'<div id="bodyContent">'+

'<p><b>Address:</b> <br /><?php echo the_field('street_address'); ?>, <?php echo the_field('city'); ?><br /> ' +

'<?php echo the_field('postal_code'); ?><br><br />' +

'<b><a href="<?php echo the_field('website'); ?>" target="_blank">Visit website</a></b><br />' +

'<b><span>Distance: <?php echo get_the_distance(null, 1); ?> KM </span></b><br />' +

'</p>'+

'</div>'+

'</div>';
  • Not really sure about the issue in general, but this is incorrect right off the bat:

echo the_field

When you use the_field, it outputs to screen so no need to echo. Maybe that’s what the problem is.

Try replacing every instance of echo the_field and the_field to simply: get_field().

Hope this helps.

• @csaborio is likely correct try echo esc_html(get_field('your-field'))

• The echo didn’t matter, but this helped

get_field instead of the_field

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘escaping single quotes in php output’ is closed to new replies.