Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Error on custom field in backend

Solving

Error on custom field in backend

• Installed the latest ACF and created a custom field to display on only pages using a text area. I now see the following error when editing a page…

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/yellowco/public_html/randy/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 3058

• No idea if this is applicable to you, but just in case it helps anybody in the future I had the same error message (though on an Options page with a textarea field) and it turned out to be unrelated to my fields at all, but because I had a deleted ACF Field Group in the trash. It was a duplicated and renamed group from an ACF import. Anyway, I emptied the Field Group trash and the error went away and my page fields worked again.

• I am currently having the same issue but I do not understand what needs to be done to fix this. Can someone please elaborate in more detail or maybe simpler?

• Not sure if it will help you, @martin-matties, but it’s worth trying:

Go to your Field Groups and see if you have any field groups in the trash:
    Screenshot

If yes, click “Trash” then empty it by clicking “Delete permanently” on the field group(s).

If you don’t have any in the trash or that doesn’t help — hopefully somebody else can help you.

• Thank you for the clarification @enfueggo seems as if I do not have a trash option.

Field Group Snippet

Must mean I do not currently have trash.

Also to note I said same issue as in the behavior described is the same but the error is actually different.

Warning
    : htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in
    /home/usrname/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/fields/text.php
    on line

• Hi all, someone solve it? I have the same problem and my trash field group is empty too.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

• Hi all, someone solve it? I have the same problem and my trash field group is empty too.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

• Also have the same issue…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Error on custom field in backend’ is closed to new replies.