Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Edit Yoast Fields – Front End Form

Solved

Edit Yoast Fields – Front End Form

• I would like to edit the yoast seo meta fields in a frontend form, is this possible?

I can populate the fields with the code below but was having trouble with the update part of it. What if the post doesn’t have existing yoast meta and is using a yoast defaults? would I need to code for a possible insert transaction?

It would be nice for the client to edit the basic seo and not interfere with the plugin operation by editing those fields directly.

If someone could steer me in the right direction or tell me if it is possible that would be great.

Thanks

function my_acf_load_value_meta( $value, $post_id, $field )
    {
    $value = get_field( “_yoast_wpseo_metadesc”, $post_id );
    return $value;
    }
    add_filter(‘acf/load_value/key=field_571fd25505138’, ‘my_acf_load_value_meta’, 10, 3);

function my_acf_load_value_title( $value, $post_id, $field )
    {
    $value = get_field( “_yoast_wpseo_title”, $post_id );
    return $value;
    }
    add_filter(‘acf/load_value/key=field_571fd28705139’, ‘my_acf_load_value_title’, 10, 3);

• Use and acf/update_value filter and apply the same logic in reverse https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acfupdate_value/

use update_post_meta() to insert the values.

You should also using get_post_meta() when dealing with non ACF fields, event if get_field() will sometimes work.

• Thanks for the help there. I did get the title and meta to update with a static value in the code at the bottom of the post.

Just having a little trouble getting the fields value from the front end form before update.

I tried a few variations of this.

function my_acf_update_value_meta( $value, $post_id, $field )
    {
    $field_key = “field_57205386becf2”;
    $field = get_field_object($field_key);
    $yoast_value = $field[‘value’];
    $value = update_post_meta( get_the_ID(), ‘_yoast_wpseo_metadesc’, $yoast_value );
    return $value;
    }
    add_filter(‘acf/update_value/key=field_57205386becf2’, ‘my_acf_update_value_meta’, 10, 3);

Working with static values:

function my_acf_update_value_meta( $value, $post_id, $field )
    {
    $value = update_post_meta( get_the_ID(), ‘_yoast_wpseo_metadesc’, ‘My Meta Description’ );
    return $value;
    }
    add_filter(‘acf/update_value/key=field_57205386becf2’, ‘my_acf_update_value_meta’, 10, 3);

function my_acf_update_value_title( $value, $post_id, $field )
    {
    $value = update_post_meta( get_the_ID(), ‘_yoast_wpseo_title’, ‘My Meta Title’ );
    return $value;
    }
    add_filter(‘acf/update_value/key=field_571fd28705139’, ‘my_acf_update_value_title’, 10, 3);

• This should do it

function my_acf_update_value_meta($value, $post_id, $field) {
      update_post_meta($post_id, '_yoast_wpseo_metadesc', $value);
      return $value;
    }
    add_filter('acf/update_value/key=field_57205386becf2', 'my_acf_update_value_meta', 10, 3);

• The plugin and support here is fantastic, thanks so much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Edit Yoast Fields – Front End Form’ is closed to new replies.