Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Dynamically pulling flexible content sub block titles

Solved

Dynamically pulling flexible content sub block titles

• I am working on a project where I am creating a plugin that works on top of ACF 5. I have made it pretty far but right now I am stuck on this issue:

I have a flexible content field setup that has multiple sub layouts. I need to add conditional logic to each of these layouts based on there names. Right now I am doing it by getting their field ID:

$field_id = $field['ID'];
    *$field being my main array.

Then doing a simple php switch statement just setting a variable I can then check for when doing conditional logic:

$layout = '';

switch ($field_id) {
    	case "19":
    		$layout = "html";
    		break;
    	case "28":
    		$layout = "grid";
    		break;
    }

Then I just check to see what $layout is set to and go from there. While this does work I do not like the fact that I have to update the IDs every time I move development environments or re-create a layout.

Is there a way I can do this dynamically?

Thanks!

• The ‘key’ value of each layout should remain the same. These are created in a similar way to field keys. The keys are unique, and like I said, should not change during export and import. If you recreate the layout from scratch though, I think you’ll always need to change your code to match the field.

• I have updated it to use keys and that seems to work perfectly! Thanks a bunch!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Dynamically pulling flexible content sub block titles’ is closed to new replies.