Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Dynamically populate repeater subfields per row

Unread

Dynamically populate repeater subfields per row

• Hello,

I am facing the following issue, I’ve been stuck for hours, hopefully someone helps me out!

I am using the acf_form to create posts.

I have a repeater field that contains 2 select fields: manufacturer and model, which are connected with each other and are dynamically populated through json using prepare_field. After the page loads I am using javascript to dynamically populate the model select based on the manufacturer select, but would like to avoid it for the first time.

So here is the question:
    – Is there any way to specifically target individual repeater rows or individual field names inside individual rows? Ideally I would use the prepare_field on each row individually, get the manufacturer of that row and populate based on the selection the [choices] for the model select field.

– I have seen that if a repeater field has multiple rows it gets a name like: acf[field_5eeb35aec30c1][row-0][field_5eeb35dfc30c3] – which is essentially a naming convention like {repeater field key}-{row}-{select field key}. How can I target a select field using this name?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.