Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Dynamic pre_save_post possible?

Unread

Dynamic pre_save_post possible?

• Mooks

• February 10, 2019 at 12:29 am

Hi,

I’m near to finish my custom front-end form for post submission, but I encounter a problem regarding the pre_save_post filter.

I’m working with a dozen of custom post types, and I really need to be able to change this $post = array(
    ‘post_type’ => ‘logiciels’,

);

of my pre_save_post filter.

In order for you to better understand, I dynamicly register forms part with acf_register_form(), in order to have a total control of HTML wrappers for each fields group.

I have then to call this filter in my functions.php file in order for the data to be saved :

add_filter('acf/pre_save_post' , function ($post_id) {
        // Bail if not logged in or not able to post
        if ( ! ( is_user_logged_in() || current_user_can('publish_posts') ) ) {
          return;
       }

// check if this is to be a new post
       if( $post_id != 'new_post' ) {
         return $post_id;
       }

// Create a new post
        $post = array(
            'post_type' => 'logiciels',
            'post_status' => 'private',
            'post_title' => wp_strip_all_tags($_POST['acf']['field_5c5e9647cd28f']),
            'post_content' => $_POST['acf']['field_5c5e9678cd290'],
      );

// insert the post
        $post_id = wp_insert_post( $post );

// Save the fields to the post
        do_action( 'acf/save_post' , $post_id );

return $post_id;
      });

The problem is with $post, I need to have a dynamic value for the ‘post_type’ arg, instead of a fixed one ‘post_type’ => ‘logiciels’. And because this is a filter, it can only be executed in an included file like functions.php, not in the page.php itself which will have solved this problem (because I could use variable available at this scope).

Any idea to help me?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.