Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Duplicated custom field and now original template fields are gone

Solved

Duplicated custom field and now original template fields are gone

• I duplicated one of the custom fields I had (which held a lot of data) and used it to apply to a separate template. I edited the fields in the new, separate template and now the fields in the original template are nowhere to be found. These fields are crucial to one of the pages on my site. The “Field Groups” page is still showing the correct amount of fields for the original group. Please let me know if there is a way to recover the fields along with data or if there is a log that I can use to retrieve it. Thanks.

• AVWingz,

Do a test by adding the ‘field_groups’ => array(‘12345’) option to the acf_form(), where 12345 is the ID of the field group you want to see.

Does it come back then?

Jeff

• @Jeff For some reason, the fields popped back up on their own and included all the original data stored for that page. I tried the method you proposed when the problem persisted, but it unfortunately did not fix the problem. It only created duplicate fields without the original data. As this is fixed – magically – I will mark your answer as having solved my question. Thanks for the response!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Duplicated custom field and now original template fields are gone’ is closed to new replies.