Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Duplicate post/page with Gutenberg ACF blocks

Solving

Duplicate post/page with Gutenberg ACF blocks

• I started using ACF Gutenberg Blocks but with this new approach I found out, that when duplicating posts/pages, the layout is ok but empty (no content).

Almost all blocks are empty or there are artefacts of some kind. Sometimes in wysiwyg I see “rm” or “rn” chars that was not there.

I tried multiple plugins. I thinks that this is not a bug, but a feature based on that how ACF Gutenberg Blocks are created.

Yet it would be nice if there was a tool or way to do so. Any help?

• +1 I’m having the same problem! Were you able to find a solution to this?

• This issue has also come up for me. I’ve tested both the Duplicate Post and Duplicate Page plugins but the block content doesn’t get duplicated… Just the empty block exists on the new post or page.

Has anyone had success in fixing this issue?

• Also having this issue… Has anyone come up with a solution?

• I already contacted the support. They replicated the issue and DEV told me:

Interesting issue. It looks to me that the duplicator plugins are causing the post_content data to become corrupt in some way when the post is copied.
    This may not be a specific issue in the duplicator plugins themselves, but may be an issue with one of the WP post_content filters being run when the post is inserted into the DB.

I’ll add this to my list of issues to fix, but won’t be able to provide you with an ETA on a fix just yet.

It would be great if you could perform some more investigation to determine if there are some use-cases when the duplicator plugins do work.
    For example, create a new block type with a very simple field group (one text field). Try to replicate the issue on a new post, adding only one of this block type. If this works, try adding two blocks. If this works, try adding more complex field types to the block, etc

I plan to try some investigation this weekend and anyone else can too 🙂

• Hopefully, there is options how to solve this manually. Just switch to “code editor” in right corner (three vertical dots) and copy HTML to new page (in page again switch to code editor).

It’ll copy content in correct way. It’s better than nothing …

• @elardael Thank you, but I really hope there will be a better way to do this!

• I tried a few other duplicating plugins, all seemed to create the same issue.

If anyone is still experiencing this issue, I found one that doesn’t break the content of the blocks. See here

• Hi,
    I am waiting your kind response.

• when i use duplicate page html tag not duplicate please any solution

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Duplicate post/page with Gutenberg ACF blocks’ is closed to new replies.