Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Duplicate field groups

Solving

Duplicate field groups

• I think a great addition would be the ability to duplicate an entire field group.

Obviously this would required a bit of tinkering on our end AFTER the duplication (changing the unique “Field Name”, etc) but it would take a lot of work out of having multiple field groups on a page, but those field groups contain very similar, if not identical custom fields.

An example would be a homepage with multiple tabs, but all the tabs are structured the same, but have different content. You could create a field group for the first tab, and just duplicate the field group and change the field names.

• Hi @mikelegacy

Duplicate field group is a new feature available in ACF5 – soon to be released.

Thanks
    E

• Thanks, Elliot! Looking forward to ACF5. Any notion as to when it will be rolling out?

SMF

• Is this a functionality that is still being worked on? This would be extremely useful for the site I’m currently building. If anyone has any work-arounds or suggestions in the meantime, I’d be grateful for them.

• This would be ideal for a project I am starting on real soon!
    I’ve been looking everywhere for a feature like this, yet none found.

When will ACF5 be released?

• ACF5 is available now. It’s available via ACFPro. ACFPro is the v5 implementation of this plugin.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Duplicate field groups’ is closed to new replies.