Home Forums ACF PRO Duplicate Database Upgrade

Solving

Duplicate Database Upgrade

• Has happened to me twice. This time I did the following:

Uploaded ACF Pro 5.0.3
    Clicked Upgrade Database
    Added license key
    Clicked update plugin to 5.0.4
    It prompted me for an ACF database upgrade again, so I did, and now I have duplicate fields.

I suppose I should have deactivated the old ACF 4 plugins before I did the update from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4?

Thanks!

• OK I wasn’t able to reproduce that on Safari/mac doing the same thing on a test install, (it did not prompt for a database upgrade again though I didn’t deactivate ACF 4 plugins while updating to 5.0.4 so maybe order of deactivation does not matter). I was doing it before with Chrome/Win7

In any case, when I deactivate ACF 5 Pro and reactivate ACF 4, and then go back to ACF 5 Pro, I get prompted to upgrade the database again, and each time I perform the upgrade I get another copy of the field groups.

Any thoughts appreciated. I’m thinking if I cannot rollback the database I can just delete the new duplicate fields (the ones with higher post ID) since I have not resaved any post/page that uses them.

• Seeing this same issue:

when I deactivate ACF 5 Pro and reactivate ACF 4, and then go back to ACF 5 Pro, I get prompted to upgrade the database again, and each time I perform the upgrade I get another copy of the field groups.

Seems like ACF should be avoiding this duplication somehow or tracking whether the upgrade has already happened. (I’m on the edge of whether ACF should support upgrading, downgrading, making changes, and upgrading again.)

• Yes, agree. Just hoping for a definitive / safe way to clean up the duplicates at this point, i.e. which of those duplicates are safe to delete.

• Thanks guys. I’ll add this to the to-do and get it fixed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Duplicate Database Upgrade’ is closed to new replies.