Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Dropdown 'combo' field type

Solving

Dropdown 'combo' field type

• I’m pretty sure the answer is no, but is there a ‘combo’ field type – ie a select field that has some pre-populated values, but allows the user to type their own value?

• Hi @digitalquery,

Thanks for the question.

The good news is that this feature is available but it is only restricted to the Radio button field type.

There is now an option to add an “other” field to the Radio button selection to allow the user to add custom values.

• I think it would be helpful if there was a combo box especially for links – where the user can select an internal link to a post, or enter a custom link (for external URLs, or URLs with anchors and queries).

• Hi @stormwind

For something like this, you should be able to do it by using three custom fields: true/false field, page link field, and URL field.

After that, you need to set the conditional logic so the page link will only show up if the true/false field is unchecked, while the URL field will only show up if the true/false field is checked.

I hope this makes sense 🙂

• It does, that’s how I have been doing it.

But because it is a setup I use often on different websites, it would help if there was a built-in option that is faster to set up and takes up less column space when using inside a Repeater.

One can dream! 😉

• An actual combo list box would be AWESOME! I need it for “Manufactures”. It is a PITA to have to modify the field every time we add a manufacturer.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dropdown 'combo' field type’ is closed to new replies.