Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Drag and Drop Posts Between Sections

Solved

Drag and Drop Posts Between Sections

• I’m looking to use a single relationship field to assign posts to multiple sections.

I’m creating an options page for selecting featured content. Essentially, on the left, there would be a list of posts (like the relationship UI) and on the right would be 3 – 5 blocks into which posts from the left could be added. Ideally, the posts could also be moved between the sections.

The attached image illustrates how I imagine this looking.

Is this possible?

• I believe, we had a website built by a developer who did this very thing – to define Home Page content.

However, the problem (bug) I am having right now is that the “Relationship” fields created won’t let me fully select a page/post to be featured so I can update the content on the homepage – or any other ACF Relatonships fields.

But, I believe in theory that is what it does. Yes.

Nick

• I’m sure that anything is possible, but this would need a lot of custom javascript work, and quite possibly the create of a custom field type to pull it off. I’ve never seen anything like this and I personally would not know were to begin, other than looking at the ACF relationship field code and doing some research into select2 fields to see if this is something it supports.

• @hube2 Thanks. This is something I know how to create manually, but I want to keep the UI (ACF) consistent, so didn’t want to go that route.

Ultimately, I think I’m going to try to come up with a different solution.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Drag and Drop Posts Between Sections’ is closed to new replies.