Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Don't create custom fields with null

Solving

Don't create custom fields with null

• Geoff

• September 3, 2013 at 8:11 am

Hi,

I think it would be great if ACF didn’t add custom fields for null values. Even on posts with no ACF fields selected, custom fields are still created. This creates a lot of useless custom fields with “null” values.

Regards,
    Geoff

• Geoff

• September 3, 2013 at 8:17 am

This is particularly a problem when the existence of a custom field is used for determining “null.” For instance, consider a custom field “Name” with a value of “null.” Well, is there a name? Is the name null? This wouldn’t be an issue if the custom field wasn’t created.

• Elliot

• September 3, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Hi @geoff

Thanks for the feedback. Can you please explain what kind of field you are using and what you mean by saving a ‘null’ value?

Thanks
    E

• Geoff

• September 3, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Elliot,

I’m using the select field with “allow null” set to yes. With the select box left on “- Select -” it still saves a value of “null” to the custom field. This leads to a bunch of custom fields like this:

null

It appears this just isn’t with null values, as ACF creates blank custom fields also (see the “link” custom field above).

• Elliot

• September 4, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Hi @geoff

Thanks for the screenshot, I’ll look into it

Cheers
    E

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.