Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Does 5.7.11 and it's Fixes get Rolled into 5.8 beta-3?

Solved

Does 5.7.11 and it's Fixes get Rolled into 5.8 beta-3?

• I have a series of questions here:

1) 5.7.11 gets recompiled for it’s fixes and added to the download file. Does 5.7.11’s new stuff get added to the 5.8 beta-3 automatically too?

2) If I start using 5.8 beta-3 and beta-4 comes out, does it prompt me in WordPress to update? Does it prompt me to update when the official stable 5.8 comes out?

3) I really need to start building custom blocks. I have my site on a staging server converting posts over to the block editor. Will I have any issues if I go ahead and build custom blocks now when the legit 5.8 is released or will there be migration problems?

Any insight into these questions is appreciated. Thanks for your time!

• Hi @timmy28x

Thanks for the questions.

1. No, the 5.8.0-beat3 has remained untouched, and does not contain any of the new functionality. I plan to release a new 5.7.12 version tomorrow to address the bugs in 5.7.11, then begin work on 5.8.0-beta4 which will get all the new updates from 5.7.x

2. Yes, our update system will allow betas to appear in the wp-admin plugins page 🙂

3. Good question. In theory, there should be no issues. We are not planning to make any breaking changes from the current 5.8.0-beta version. We do plan to change the way values are stored within the block JSON, but we will be sure to do this in a “backwards compatible” manor 🙂

• Hey,

maybe my english is not good enough 🙂

I have a question to Question/Answer 2

“2. Yes, our update system will allow betas to appear in the wp-admin plugins page ”

Question was: can we Update from beta 3 to beta 4 to 5.8 live. In the answer i only see “update system will allow betas”.

I understand it so that there is only beta to beta update via the wp-admin, not beta to live.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Does 5.7.11 and it's Fixes get Rolled into 5.8 beta-3?’ is closed to new replies.