Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Does 5.7.11 and it's Fixes get Rolled into 5.8 beta-3?

Solved

Does 5.7.11 and it's Fixes get Rolled into 5.8 beta-3?

• timmy28x

• February 14, 2019 at 11:09 am

I have a series of questions here:

1) 5.7.11 gets recompiled for it’s fixes and added to the download file. Does 5.7.11’s new stuff get added to the 5.8 beta-3 automatically too?

2) If I start using 5.8 beta-3 and beta-4 comes out, does it prompt me in WordPress to update? Does it prompt me to update when the official stable 5.8 comes out?

3) I really need to start building custom blocks. I have my site on a staging server converting posts over to the block editor. Will I have any issues if I go ahead and build custom blocks now when the legit 5.8 is released or will there be migration problems?

Any insight into these questions is appreciated. Thanks for your time!

• Elliot

• February 14, 2019 at 4:07 pm

Hi @timmy28x

Thanks for the questions.

1. No, the 5.8.0-beat3 has remained untouched, and does not contain any of the new functionality. I plan to release a new 5.7.12 version tomorrow to address the bugs in 5.7.11, then begin work on 5.8.0-beta4 which will get all the new updates from 5.7.x

2. Yes, our update system will allow betas to appear in the wp-admin plugins page 🙂

3. Good question. In theory, there should be no issues. We are not planning to make any breaking changes from the current 5.8.0-beta version. We do plan to change the way values are stored within the block JSON, but we will be sure to do this in a “backwards compatible” manor 🙂

• enky

• February 18, 2019 at 10:26 pm

Hey,

maybe my english is not good enough 🙂

I have a question to Question/Answer 2

“2. Yes, our update system will allow betas to appear in the wp-admin plugins page ”

Question was: can we Update from beta 3 to beta 4 to 5.8 live. In the answer i only see “update system will allow betas”.

I understand it so that there is only beta to beta update via the wp-admin, not beta to live.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.