Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Doc bug or Google Maps API bug

Helping

Doc bug or Google Maps API bug

• The instructions at this page in the documentation:

https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/google-map/

mention two methods of registering the Google maps API.

However, they don’t mention WHERE to put this php code.

To get the custom post type displaying properly I created a child theme, with a styles.css and functions.php.

I put both pieces of code (at different times) in the functions.php file that I created in my child theme.

After a page refresh, the Google API checker in Chrome reports no API Key.

Where I’m getting the error is editing the custom post time, i.e. URL of the form:

http://localhost/wp-admin/post.php?post=132&action=edit

The web server I have is running on “Localhost” but I haven’t locked down the Maps API, so the site shouldn’t matter.

So either:
    1) both method 1 and 2 are bugged
    2) OR I didn’t put the code in the proper place.

Regarding 2), the documentation should indicate a preferred location of the code to go in functions.php, meaning which functions.php

So either way the docs need a slight change to indicate the preferred location of the two methods (neither method works). It might be nice if the pro/con of each method was mentioned too.

I know the functions are running, as I put them in both .\wp-includes\functions.php as well as .\wp-content\themes\Divi-child\functions.php and promptly got a duplicate function error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare my_acf_google_map_api() (previously declared in D:\Webroot\wordpress\wp-includes\functions.php:7407) in D:\Webroot\wordpress\wp-content\themes\Divi-child\functions.php on line 23

Please note this isn’t the problem, it’s just evidence that both method 1 and method 2’s code IS being called (when in only one functions.php).

Please help!

• I tried to solve the error but in mine case both are bugged , so how could I solve them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Doc bug or Google Maps API bug’ is closed to new replies.