Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Do Post IDs of field groups change when Upgrading to 5

Helping

Do Post IDs of field groups change when Upgrading to 5

• I have a project built using ACF 4 with a number of customizations.

I have a relationship field that stores the Post IDs of other field groups (post_type = ‘acf’ in version 4)

I’d like to upgrade the project to ACF 5 but I’m worried that the Post IDs of the field groups stored in this field will change upon upgrade and no longer be in sync.

When upgrading from 4 to 5 to the Post IDs of field groups change?

If so is it possible to keep them the same? Or is it possible to hook into the upgrade and simultaneously update the Post IDs stored in my relationship field?

• I did some testing and it looks like in the upgrade from 4 to 5 any Field Groups (post_type==acf) are kind of cloned into a new post with post_type==acf-field-group

As I said in my original post I have a custom solution that involves storing the post IDs of field groups in a custom field. If I upgrade the project from 4 to 5 (which I’d really like to do) then the post IDs I have stored will still reflect the ACF4 ‘acf’ posts and not the ACF5 ‘acf-field-group’ posts.

During upgrade is there any reference made that links the ACF4 post ID to its upgraded ACF5 post ID? If so then I could write a query that would go through and update all of the post IDs.

OR

Is it possible to hook into the upgrade and update my post IDs then?

thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Do Post IDs of field groups change when Upgrading to 5’ is closed to new replies.