Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Displaying a field group below the content when editing LearnDash lessons

Solved

Displaying a field group below the content when editing LearnDash lessons

• Hi all, I’m trying to display a field group below the content in the Gutenberg editor while editing LearnDash lessons (a custom post type provided by the plugin). My problem is this: regardless of position settings, it only gets displayed in the Gutenberg side panel. Given that this is quite a cramped space and the field group is quite elaborate, it’s a serious problem.

The strange thing is that the field group displays below the content just fine for standard posts (also with the Gutenberg editor). Here’s a quick screen recording showing exactly what I mean.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Kevin

• SOLVED! So the issue proved to be quite an obscure one. After a lot of troubleshooting, deleting a single entry from the wp_usermeta table fixed it: “meta-box-order_swfd_lesson”. Thanks Patrick!

Note that there are other “meta-box-order_X” fields that could cause issues in other cases. Also note that relogging into WordPress is required for the deletion to visibly take effect.

I’m not sure if this is anything that can be improved on any of the involved plugins’ sides (or that it’s a Gutenberg issue), but at least it’s a known issue now.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Displaying a field group below the content when editing LearnDash lessons’ is closed to new replies.