Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Display repeater subfield as a dropdown (label + value)

Helping

Display repeater subfield as a dropdown (label + value)

• Hello,

I’ve noticed that it’s a quite popular topic yet, unfortunately – none of the found solutions are not working for me.

What I’m trying to achieve is to simply show a dropdown with labels and values based on a repeater subfield. I’ve managed to create such a piece of code:

function fnc_wybierz_wojewodztwo() {
        $args = array(
            'post_type' => 'opencourses',
            'meta_key' => 'terminy_warsztatow'
        );

$the_query = new WP_Query($args);
        if ($the_query->have_posts()): ?>
          <select type="text" class="form-control filter-select" name="lokalizacja" id="lokalizacja"> <?php
                while ($the_query->have_posts()) : $the_query->the_post();          
                        if(have_rows('terminy_warsztatow')):                 
                            while (have_rows('terminy_warsztatow')) : the_row();                        
                              $field = get_sub_field_object('wojewodztwo'); 
                              if( $field['choices'] ): ?>
                                      <?php foreach( $field['choices'] as $value => $label ): ?>
                                          <option value="<?php echo $value; ?>"><?php echo $label; ?></option>
                                      <?php endforeach;
                              endif; 
                            endwhile;                                                                          
                        else :
                            echo 'sorry, we didnt find anything'; // no rows found
                        endif;

endwhile; ?>
           </select>
         <?php endif; wp_reset_postdata(); 
    }
    add_shortcode( 'wybierz_wojewodztwo', 'fnc_wybierz_wojewodztwo' );

I struggle only with one thing – the dropdown provides endless/infinite number of options. I have no clue where the issue within code is. I’ve reset the loop, what else i can do?

• If you are trying to create a select field that matches the choices of the field in questions then you don’t need to get every post and loop over them, so there shouldn’t be a need for the query, just use get_field_object() using the field key

$field = get_field_object('field_XXXXXXX');
    foreach ($field['choices'] as $value => $label) ..... etc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Display repeater subfield as a dropdown (label + value)’ is closed to new replies.