Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Output repeater field with radio button sub fields

Solving

Output repeater field with radio button sub fields

• I have tried working with the various support code examples to output one of my custom fields at the front end of my website, but I can’t figure out the solution.

I have setup a few custom fields that have a repeater field type and the sub fields are radio buttons. See the image – this is how users of the site fill out the custom field in the WordPress Dashboard. The custom fields are part of a survey.

Custom field repeater_radio

Q1: How do I loop through and output all the ‘labels’ of each sub field within a repeater field, and the ‘choice’ of each radio sub field in the front end of my website.

Q2: How can I output the repeater rows based on the user’s choice – ascending or descending? The radio buttons act as a ranking scale from 1 to 5.

Any advice on how to achieve these two options is much appreciated.

• Hi @alibidesigns

Q1: In order to get the labels you’d have to also fetch the field object.
    this can be done with get_field_object(). It will be an array containing the field label as well as the choices with key => value pairs (and more).

Q2: I believe what you want is to sort the repeater field based on the radio fields. Have a look at this: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/how-to-sorting-a-repeater-field/

That might be enough to get you going!

• Hi Jonathon, Thank you for your assistance.

To clarify:
    Part 1
    I have put the functions part of the code (from here: sort a repeater field) in my functions.php file. I have replaced the field key with my relevant custom field key.

The part of this function that I don’t understand is this part:
    add_filter('acf/load_value/name=scores', 'my_acf_load_value', 10, 3);
    What do I need to change here, and to what?
    And, do I repeat this function when I have more than one custom field to sort?

Part 2
    Then I have put the php code within my single_custom_post_type.php file and replaced ‘repeater’ with my same field key as used in the function.

<?php if( have_rows('field_5650dfe9c5250') ): ?>

<ul>

<?php while( have_rows('field_5650dfe9c5250') ): the_row(); ?>

<li><?php the_sub_field('id'); ?>. <?php the_sub_field('name'); ?></li>

<?php endwhile; ?>

</ul>

<?php endif; ?>

I am not getting any result?
    Where am I going wrong?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Output repeater field with radio button sub fields’ is closed to new replies.