Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Display field in array

Solved

Display field in array

• Hello I have coauthors plus and I want to show a title text from the users profile. Ive done this with Toolset Types and it worked great. But i have decided to only use ACF and I cannot get it to work. The code below is from the array i want to put my field in

$args = array(
    		'before_html' => '',
    		'href' => get_author_posts_url( $author->ID, $author->user_nicename ),
    		'rel' => 'author',
    		'title' => sprintf( __( 'Posts by %s', 'co-authors-plus' ), apply_filters( 'the_author', $author->display_name ) ),
    		'class' => 'author url fn',
    		'text' => apply_filters( 'the_author', $author->display_name ),
    		'after_html' => ', ' ,
    		'title' => get_field('title', 'user_'. $array['ID'] ) ,
    	);

This is the part I cannot fix: ‘title’ => get_field(‘title’, ‘user_’. $array[‘ID’] ) ,. It doesnt display anything. In Types I used this: ‘title’ => types_render_usermeta( ‘title’, array(‘user_id’ => $author->ID,)) ,

Thanks

• what is in $array? I dont’t see this in your code

try using get_field('title', 'user_'.$author->ID);

• Nice! I thought I tried that code but apparently I didnt. This worked:

‘title’ => get_field(‘titel’, ‘user_’.$author->ID) ,

There is nothing in $array. This code is from coauthors plugin. I just added an extra line for it to display a title after the authors name.

Thank you! I have now uninstalled Types!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.