Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Display Error for Fields in Admin

Solved

Display Error for Fields in Admin

• There is a display error in Firefox and Internet Explorer for fields in the Admin. Looks like the height of the field is being rendered less than the font size, so you can only see a sliver of the text. See attached screenshot. Looks fine in Google Chrome and Safari.

Using Firebug, I think this style declaration on line 19 of admin_styles.css is the issue:

.acf_postbox .field input[type="text"], .acf_postbox .field input[type="password"], .acf_postbox .field textarea, .acf_postbox .field select {
       font-size: 14px;
       padding: 10px;
    }

With the height of the field being set to 27px, when you subtract out the 10px padding, you’re only left with 7px total field height, which obviously isn’t enough to see the 14px font. Changing the styles to

padding: 5px 10px

seems to fix the issue (at least in Firefox).

• Hi @jzsouthern

Thanks for the bug report. I’m not seeing this in firefox, are you on Mac or Windows?

I’ll add this to the to-do for the next release

Cheers
    E

• Hi @jzsouthern

On inspection of the ACF css files, I noticed that the css file you referenced is not part of the ACF plugin:
    admin_styles.css is not in the plugin – is this a custom css file in your theme?

Looking at firebug and the css files, the padding is 5px.

Thanks
    E

• Indeed you are correct. Sorry for the hassle!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Display Error for Fields in Admin’ is closed to new replies.