Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Display count of selected elements in backend (Relationship Field)

Solved

Display count of selected elements in backend (Relationship Field)

• Hi,
    It would be a great help to display the number of selected items next to the relationship field in the backend. It helps keep track if everything is alirght and the editor did not miss an item.

Can this be done somehow? Can I filter output in the backend to add a counter or something similar?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work

Sascha

• Sascha,

ACF has many hooks to add custom functionality. I put something together which will apply a basic counter on all relationship fields. Looks like this: https://vimeo.com/259429957/f653eae345.

In order to implement, put the following in your theme functions.php file.

function my_acf_relationship_counter( $field ) {

echo '<p class="acf-relationship-counter alignright"></p>';

}
    add_action( 'acf/render_field/type=relationship', 'my_acf_relationship_counter', 1, 1 );

function my_acf_admin_enqueue_scripts() {

// register style
    	wp_enqueue_style( 'my-acf-input-css', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/css/my-acf-input.css', false, '1.0.0' );

// register script
    	wp_enqueue_script( 'my-acf-input-js', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/js/my-acf-input.js', false, '1.0.0' );

}

add_action( 'acf/input/admin_enqueue_scripts', 'my_acf_admin_enqueue_scripts' );

Under your theme/js/my-acf-input.js

jQuery(document).ready(function() {

// Run on relationship update
      jQuery('.acf-field-relationship').change(function() {
        selected_count = jQuery(this).find(".values li").length;
        jQuery(this).find(".acf-relationship-counter").text(selected_count + " items");
      });

// Run on startup
      jQuery(".acf-field-relationship").each(function() {
        selected_count = jQuery(this).find(".values li").length;
        jQuery(this).find(".acf-relationship-counter").text(selected_count + " items");
      });

});

Under your theme/css/my-acf-input.css

.acf-field-relationship .acf-relationship-counter {
      position: absolute;
      right: 0;
      top: -42px;
    }
  • Great stuff Austin. This is exactly what I was looking for!!! 🙂

Thank you very much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Display count of selected elements in backend (Relationship Field)’ is closed to new replies.