Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Disable AJAX / Lazy Load for Taxonomy dropdowns / select2?

Solving

Disable AJAX / Lazy Load for Taxonomy dropdowns / select2?

• Hello,
    I’m using several ACF Taxonomy select fields in an ACF group.
    They work quite well except that they load options very slowly.

I played around with some extensions which have similar fields but slightly different options. In the end I noticed that, if I disable AJAX / Lazy loading in specific fields of those plugins, their options are loaded much faster, and now I’m wondering if I can do something similar with ACF.

I’d like to keep ACF default Taxonomy field because it gives me the chance to add a new value for that specific tax on fly, but I’d love to know if/how can I turn off AJAX Lazy loading for all my select2 fields.
    Thank you!

• There isn’t any way to disable this that I know of. If the field is slow then there are some likely reasons; slow connection, slow server, large number of terms in the taxonomy.

• Hello, is this still impossible to do or there is an option hidden somewhere ?

• The problem is worse when there are a large number of terms in the given taxonomy.

The ACF Extended “Taxonomy Terms” field allows for disabling lazy load, making it much faster to get to the end of a long hierarchical list. Unfortunately, the ACFE Taxonomy Terms field does not include the ability for the user to add new terms.

A taxonomy field that reproduced all of the features of the WP Core post editor taxonomy “components-panel” – including search and parent area designation among other user-friendly features – would be even better than an ACF Field that didn’t realy on lazy loading or an ACFE field that include the ability to add new terms.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.