Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Directly get value in group sub-field

Solved

Directly get value in group sub-field

• Hello there,

Is there a way to directly get the value of a group sub-field.

For example, I have a Group field my_options (field_abcde), and inside that field I have an title field (field_12345).

I tried using get_field(field_12345, 'option') in order to get the title value directly, but that’s not working. It seems that the values are only saved in the “root” field.

I know there are simpler workarounds, but my real use case is more complicated. But if you are curious about my real use case:

—–

I want to build a custom ACF Field that will let admin’s have a “select” field that’s populated with all the repeater type fields in the options field group. For example, an Admin creates a list of approved images using a repeater field in the “Site Options” page, then using this custom ACF Field it adds an image field to a block field group, so that Editors can add a block in the admin and choose from the approved list of images.

Thank you!

• Hi Guzart!

You can get your sub field like this:

First of all, get your group of fields
    $group_values = get_field('group_name'); // use get_field('group_name', 'options') if your field is in a global page options
    (‘option’) work too

Now you have your fields, display your title with $group_values['title']

Cheers
    Sam

• 
    $value = get_field('{GROUP FIELD NAME}_{SUB FIELD NAME}');

• Thank you both for your help. Using the field names concatenated with an _ worked great.

Unfortunately, I am going to stick with the more inefficient method of fetching the group value and traversing into the individual value using loops, since I feel more comfortable storing ‘field keys’ since they are less likely to change than ‘field names’.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.