Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Default value for Taxonomy fields (Add new)

Helping

Default value for Taxonomy fields (Add new)

• Galadh

• May 19, 2019 at 3:34 am

Hi. I need to create and edit tons of custom posts. It would be wonderful if I could select a default value for taxonomy fields, but I see the feature has yet to be added.
    I tried to load a default value with some filters. The first one is a regular checkbox Taxonomy field, and the second one is the same thing, but it’s inside a repeater and a radio button:

add_filter('acf/load_value/key=field_5821fe811dba6', 'set_tax_libri_default', 20, 3);
    function set_tax_libri_default( $value, $post_id, $field ) {
    	if ($value === false && get_post_status($post_id) == 'auto-draft' && get_post_status($post_id) != 'publish') {
    		$value = 7;
    	}
      return $value;
    }

add_filter('acf/load_value/key=field_5820b0492a8a4',  'set_tax_libri_occorrenza_default', 10, 3);
    function set_tax_libri_occorrenza_default($value, $post_id, $field) {
    	if ($value === false && get_post_status($post_id) == 'auto-draft' && get_post_status($post_id) != 'publish') {
    			$value	= array();
    			$value[] = array('field_5820b05d2a8a5' => 7);
    	}
    	return $value;
    }

The code works as intended, except if I click on “Add new” under the first instance of the repeater to load a new one, there default value is not loaded. I’m doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Edit: it does NOT work as intended. If I edit a published post with a different values, add another one and save the post, all the instances in the repeater are equal to the default value. Can I preserve already published values?

• Galadh

• May 19, 2019 at 3:53 am

Please disregard the “Edit” part. I accidentaly turned on the wrong option in the subfield settings. Now it all works as intended, except for the “Add row” (not “Add new”, my mistake) part.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.