Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Default post content is replaced with visual editor field

Default post content is replaced with visual editor field

• I have a problem with visual editor field. When I edit a page or post and use visual editor field (with repeater, to show more than 30 custom information boxes) the post content is duplicated with text from visual editor field – when I edit field in full screen mode, paste a text (CTR+V), and get back to normal view, the post content shows the content from visual editor custom field. My editor is TinyMCE. I use qtranslate. How can I fix that?

• Hi @pawelpoz

I think the conflict here is due to qTranslate.

If you disable that plugin, do the WYSIWYG field’s behave correctly?

• Yest, the problem is qtranslate, but… i fixed that (almost).

This is the solution:

Go into wp-content/plugins/qtranslate/qtranslate_javascript.php
    Go to line 288 (or line between 280-320 when you use other version qtranslate).

Search and Delete:
    qtrans_save(switchEditors.pre_wpautop(o.content));

Insert:

if (ed.editorId.match(/^qtrans_/)) {
       qtrans_save(switchEditors.pre_wpautop(o.content));
      }

It almost fixed problem, but sometimes default post content is replaced with visual editor field, sometimes not. I edit visual editor field 20 times, and 2-3 times post content was replaced with content from visual editor field. It’s strange. Have any idea?

• Hi @pawelpoz

I wish I knew, but I am unable to advise you on the cause of the issue.

i wish you good luck in your debugging and hope you can find out why qTranslate is causing this random issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Default post content is replaced with visual editor field’ is closed to new replies.