Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues DB Query too long on Search

Solving

DB Query too long on Search

• I am using WPEngine and on new searches I am getting a DB Error. It seems that WPEngine DB is not robust enough to handle the full request. So I am looking at getting some insight as too why ACF is adding sow much to the Query.

a simple search like http://www.mysite.com/?s=hello

Here is the Query:
    # WordPress database error MySQL server has gone away for query
    SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT wp_posts.ID
    FROM wp_posts
    LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta ON ( wp_posts.ID = wp_postmeta.post_id )
    WHERE 1=1
    AND ( wp_postmeta.meta_key = 'active' AND wp_postmeta.meta_value = '1' )
    AND (
    (wp_posts.post_type = 'post' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'page' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'attachment' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'companies' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'products_a' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'products_b' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'products_c' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'products_c' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'glossary' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'testimonials' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'types_a' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'types_b' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'newsletter' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'calculator' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'landing-page' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'video' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'reviews' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))
    )
    GROUP BY wp_posts.ID
    ORDER BY wp_posts.post_date DESC
    LIMIT 0, 10

Can someone let me know if this looks accurate. Yes we do have a lot of custom post types and I don’t get this error on my local development although my local machine is more robust then WPEngines DB server. However, we are on a dedicated server and not a shared one.

Does anyone know the importance of each
    OR (wp_posts.post_type = 'xxxxxxx' AND (wp_posts.post_status = 'publish' OR wp_posts.post_status = 'acf-disabled'))

Thanks

• You’re going to have to contact the developers (WPEngine) on this one. The “acf-disabled” status is added by ACF and applied to field groups and fields when a field group is disabled. It should not be applied to queries for posts other than post types managed by ACF. In my mind this is a bug adding this post status to all post types. You can contact them here or open a ticket on your account.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.