Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Date Time with GMT Offset Difference

Helping

Date Time with GMT Offset Difference

• I’m trying to get content to only show on a release date and time based on my GMT offset (Los Angeles).

Currently, I’m able to show/hide the content using just the date picker, but I want more specificity/granularity with time, esp. related to my GMT.

Here is the functional date only difference which works:

// SIMPLE DATE M/D/Y

$publish_date = date_create( get_sub_field('publish_date') );

$current_date = date_create( date('Y-m-d') );

$diff = date_diff( $publish_date, $current_date );

$difference = $diff->format("%R%a");

<?php if ( $difference >= 0 ) { ?>
    				                <iframe src="<?php echo $video_url; ?>" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
    	              <?php } else { ?>
    				                <iframe src="<?php echo $teaser_url; ?>" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
    	              <?php } ?>

This is what I’ve tried, but white screens my site:

// DATE + TIME M/D/Y

$publish_date_time = DateTime( get_sub_field('publish_date_time') ); 

$current_date_time = DateTime( date('Y-m-d H:i:s') );

$diffdt = date_diff( $publish_date_time, $current_date_time );

$differencedt = $diffdt->format("%R%a");

<?php if ( $differencedt >= 0 ) { ?>
    				                <iframe src="<?php echo $video_url; ?>" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
    	              <?php } else { ?>
    				                <iframe src="<?php echo $teaser_url; ?>" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
    	              <?php } ?>

The DateTime is what’s breaking the site. I’m sure I’m not using it correctly.

Thanks for any guidance!

• There are two things that could be causing the page to crash. Before you go any further I would suggest that you turn on debugging so that you can see errors rather than just getting the WSOD https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG.

Your first problem is that DateTime is a class so you need to use

$publish_date_time = new DateTime( get_sub_field('publish_date_time') ); 

more than likely you’re getting a fatal error that the function DateTime() does not exist.

After that you will need to make sure that your field is returning a date format that is compatible with DateTime() https://www.php.net/manual/en/datetime.formats.php.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Date Time with GMT Offset Difference’ is closed to new replies.