Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Data not showing in fields

Solved

Data not showing in fields

• Dear sir/madam,

yesterday I noticed that the data of my custom fields is not showing up in the backend. The fields are there, the data can be found in the database and is showing on the frontend, just not in the fields on the backend.

Adding information to the fields and updating the page doesn’t actually change the data in the database.

I have last edited the fields about three weeks ago.

Kind regards,
    Irian

• It sounds like either the field names or the field keys (or both) have somehow been changed. But there really isn’t any way to tell with the information you’ve provide.

• Dear John,

Thank you for replying. As I wrote in my initial post, the fields are empty and f I add some content to them, update the page and then refresh the editor page, the just added content is gone. How can this be if it were the keys that were changed? I would then expect the new key holding the just added data.

Also, please let me know what additional information you need for you to be able to help me.

Kind regards,
    Irian

• I have no idea, could be any number of things.

Has anything been updated on the site recently.

The first thing to do is to start deactivating plugins to see if there is some type of conflict. After that it would be testing with a different theme.

You’re going to have to narrow down what might be causing the issue.

This is just a thought, but open the field editor for a field group that is having this problem and make sure the field keys have not been altered somehow. Click on Screen Options and the top of the editor and check Field Keys.

Field keys should be in the form of “field_XXXXXXXXXXX”

• Dear John,

thank you for the more elaborate reply! I managed to solve the issue as it was indeed due to another plugin that has not been updated for a while.

Kind regards,
    Irian

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.