Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Customizing the Post Relationship search field…

Solved

Customizing the Post Relationship search field…

• Is it possible to modify which fields the Post Relationship search box searches (in admin)?

By default it seems to search both title and post content, but on a site with many hundreds of posts that often returns a super long posts list. I’d like to modify it so that it only search by post title, not the_content.

Possible?

• When performing the search ACF uses the standard WP search feature.

You would need to add a filter https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf-fields-relationship-query/

In this filter you would add a second filter following this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9468804/make-wordpress-search-only-in-post-title

add_filter('acf/fields/relationship/query/name={YOUR FIELD NAME}', 'my_acf_fields_relationship_query', 10, 3);
    function my_acf_fields_relationship_query( $args, $field, $post_id ) {
      add_filter('posts_search', '__search_by_title_only', 500, 2);
      return $args;
    }
    function __search_by_title_only($search, &$wp_query) {
      // code from stack
    }

• Thanks John! This looks perfect. I’ll give it a try first thing tomorrow.

• Nevermind. It worked perfectly. But you definitely have to use the field name, not the field ID. I thought the latter would work better since the field was nested in a repeater. Nope. 🙂

Thanks again.

• You can use the field name or field key, the ID is not useful. Inside a repeater I would suggest using the field key, sometimes the field name does not work.

Your issue was here

acf/fields/relationship/query/name=field_5ecd3b01eaf09

to use the key is should be

acf/fields/relationship/query/key=field_5ecd3b01eaf09

• Your issue was here

Yep, you’re right. Fixed that and it works perfectly with the key. Thanks again! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Customizing the Post Relationship search field…’ is closed to new replies.