Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) custom fields not showing on edit pages

Solving

custom fields not showing on edit pages

• Here is an odd problem I haven’t encountered before. On some of the pages where I have added custom fields (both repeater and regular fields), the custom fields do not display. If I choose a different template in the Page Attributes sidebar box, then choose the original template again, the custom fields appear. Then, the next time I go in to edit that page, the custom fields are gone again until I do the template shuffle. If it helps to narrow down the issue, this same problem has affected the regular WordPress Categories option box for Posts. When you create a new post, if you click on a Category checkbox, the entire Categories option box disappears and you have to click Screen Options and re-check the box to display it again. I know the two problems are related because, when I disable the ACF Pro plug-in, the Categories problem goes away. Any idea what could be causing this behavior. I’ve built quite a few sites with ACF and I haven’t seen this one before. Thanks for a great plugin!

• +1 Same issue here, too. ACF 5.2.0, WP 4.1.1

• Hi @daveparksweb and @luke

Are you still having this problem?

I have been testing the problem and everything seems fine.

If you have not been able to find a solution, feel free to let me know so that I can try to help.

Hope to hear from you soon.

• As far as I can tell, the issue was resolved with the next ACF update a while ago. The problem hasn’t occurred for me since then. Thanks again for a great product. ACF is a life saver. I probably wouldn’t be using WordPress as a CMS for my clients without it.

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem? My client started experiencing the same situation all of a sudden and they are desperate because they cannot create any new content anymore without ACF fields showing up.

They have WP 5.9.3 and ACF PRO 5.12.2

Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘custom fields not showing on edit pages’ is closed to new replies.