Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Custom fields not loaded when using parameter in URL

Solved

Custom fields not loaded when using parameter in URL

• Hello,

I use ACF v. 6.0.6 and I have a strange problem, which occurs when using the ‘posts_join’ and ‘posts_where’ hook in combination with a parameter in the URL.

I have a custom taxonomy “height” where I retrieve posts of a custom post type “person”. The URL looks like this: https://example.com/height/180cm/. Each post has a lot of custom fields. Everything works fine, and the custom fields are displayed correctly.

Now I would like to filter the posts by gender (male and female persons) using a parameter in the URL -> https://example.com/groesse/180cm/?g=Er (respectively ?g=Sie).

For this I have the following code in functions.php (for test purposes I only filtered the men):

add_filter('posts_join','custom_join');
    function custom_join($join){
    global $wpdb;
    $table = $wpdb->prefix."postmeta";
    if (is_tax()) {
    $join .= "LEFT JOIN $table ON $wpdb->posts.ID = $table.post_id";
    }
    return $join;
    }

add_filter('posts_where', 'gender' );
    function gender ( $where )
    {
    if (isset($_GET['g'])) {
    if ($_GET['g'] === 'Er') {
    global $wpdb;
    $where .= " AND $wpdb->postmeta.meta_key = 'gender' AND $wpdb->postmeta.meta_value = 'He' ";
    }
    }
    return $where;
    }

In fact, the posts are now correctly filtered into male and female, here is the query from Query Monitor:

SELECT wp_posts.ID
    FROM wp_posts
    LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta
    ON wp_posts.ID = wp_postmeta.post_id
    WHERE 1=1
    AND wp_posts.post_type = 'acf-field'
    AND ((wp_posts.post_status = 'publish'))
    AND wp_posts.post_name = 'field_5f400266755b3'
    AND wp_postmeta.meta_key = 'geschlecht'
    AND wp_postmeta.meta_value = 'Er'
    ORDER BY wp_posts.menu_order ASC, wp_posts.post_title ASC
    LIMIT 0, 1

However, custom fields are no longer loaded now! What can this be related to?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
    Andreas

• Please don’t let the different spellings of the parameters confuse you, I forgot to unify them when translating, sorry 😉

• The problem was solved after examining my code again. I’ve worked with a custom table in the past. Due to difficulties I had retrieved the fields with post_name (‘field_5f4005dc755c5’) and not with the field name (‘deathdate’). I have now re-saved the posts. After saving, I could now retrieve the field values with the field name again, and now the custom fields appear in the taxonomy output! Although I don’t know why it was related to the URL parameter, everything works now. Please excuse the confusion 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.