Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Custom field value into taxanomy term.

Solving

Custom field value into taxanomy term.

• I have a custom fields, like “Engine”, “Colour”, also i have a taxanomies like “Engine” and “Colour”.

Is it possible to make it, when i save a custom fields, or update a post, post custom field values to taxanomies meta box and save it to? I need make this for Search filter plugin, that don’t take a custom fields for filtering, and on my page i dont want to setup each time double values on custom fields, and taxanomies.

• I am not quite sure what you are trying to achieve here but you should be able to update your term on save of the custom field.

Checkout the codex here => http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_update_term

• Hi @foxsk8

This seems like a lot of extra work for no reason. ACF contains a taxonomy field which you can use to select a taxonomy term (‘Engine’, ‘Color’). This will save the correct taxonomy data and make your search work.

Does this help?

Thanks
    E

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi @foxsk8

Please be sure to read who the developer is of a plugin. This is a 3rd party plugin which is not supported by me (I didn’t create it).

Yes, the ACF taxonomy field does not currently contain the ability to add a new term. If this is required, then why even use custom fields at all? Why not just use the default WP taxonomy metabox which appears on the post?

Thanks
    E

• Becouse, there is no option to create taxanomy statment, if functions, to use, like color is on car category, but engine is for example boats category. Defoult meta boxs in wp dont support if statment functions to customize a post creation in normal way.

• Hi @foxsk8

Sorry, I don’t understand your explanation.
    When editing a post, it IS possible to add a new taxonomy term via the WP metabox.

Perhaps you are talking about linking a term to another term?

Thanks
    E

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Custom field value into taxanomy term.’ is closed to new replies.