Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Custom field on media attachment window doesn’t show until file is reselected

Solving

Custom field on media attachment window doesn’t show until file is reselected

• As can be seen in this video, my custom field (for “File Version”) does not display when a new file is uploaded but does show after deselecting and selecting the file again > https://gyazo.com/206b711782938342fbe0ead6e06e4a1a

How can I get it so that the custom field displays as soon as the file is uploaded? I want this to be a required field, but that’s a bit pointless if it doesn’t even show up until the file is reselected.

I’ve seen similar posts relating to this bug (or what I assume is a bug) dating back to 2014 with barely any follow-up or fixes put in place. Any sort of help with this would be great – thanks 🙂

• what are the location rules involved for adding that field group?

• Set as “Attachment = All”, which as far as I can see is the only option for attachments. Same happens if the rule is set to specific file formats as well.

• Set as “Attachment = All”, which as far as I can see is the only option for attachments. Same happens if the rule is set to specific file formats as well.

• I just tested and I’m not seeing the issue your are having.

Have you tried to see if there’s a conflict with another plugin?

• Sorry, didn’t see your reply.

So you’re saying that if you add a field (with “Attachment” set as the location), like shown in my video, your field is displayed within the side panel of the attachment window as soon as any sort of media is uploaded without needing to deselect/reselect the newly-uploaded file? (note: this field shows fine for existing files/uploads, just not immediately when uploading a new file).

I have no conflicting plugins (only ACF installed). WP & ACF are on the latest versions as well (6.2.2 and 6.1.7).

• You’re using guberbug gutenburg (block editor)?

The only advice I can give is to contact the developers or submit a ticket in your account.

There are many known issues with the wp block editor.

• Inside the custom post type where I’m uploading files, no it’s not using Gutenberg. However, I’ve tested uploading files using both the Gutenberg editor and the classic editor for that post type – same result.

The same happens for me inside the media library as well, so not sure it’s related to the block editor.

I’ll put in a support ticket like suggested though. Thanks for your assistance so far! 🙂

• It is something about how the wp media popup for selecting the image works when gutenberg is active at all. I use disable gutenberg on all sites, which is why I did not see the issue. I have one site where I do testing that does not have the disable gutenberg plugin and when I tested there I saw the same issue. It’s not whether or not gutenberg is active on the post type but that it is active for the media model.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.