Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Custom field json export naming convetion

Solving

Custom field json export naming convetion

• Hi there

I love the new json export function in v.5. I have a few requests for the naming convetion though.

The naming convention for the export file is curretly a date. It would be nice to also add a timestamp to the filename.

I use the export function to revision control my custom fields, which means that i can do multiple exports in 1 day. This will give me a lot of files named the same with a (1), (2), (3) appended.

Another thing that would be nice is to add the specific language to the export naming convention if WPML is enabled. I use WPML for most of the sites that i work with, which means that i have a load of export – called the same thing.

Examples

Current acf export of all fields, in english, gives me this file:
    acf-export-2016-04-13.json
    Another export of all fields, in danish, gives me this file:
    acf-export-2016-04-13 (1).json

My suggestion:
    acf-export-2016-04-13_18-58-22_en.json

something like that would be nice

• Hi @nicolasbuch

I’m afraid this is not possible now. I’ll pass it to the plugin author and hope he can add it in the future updates.

If you need it now, you can always modify the core file and change how ACF saves the name. You can find the export() function in “wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/admin/settings-tools.php”. Keep in mind that your changes will be overridden when you updated the plugin.

Hope this helps 🙂

• Hi @nicolasbuch

Thanks for the feature request.

Perhaps I could add in a filter to allow users to modify the JSON filename?

As for the language, ACF should be creating a subfolder for each language using teh language codename. If this is not working as expected, perhaps there is a conflict with your translation plugin. What plugin are you using for different languages?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Custom field json export naming convetion’ is closed to new replies.