Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO "custom field group" field

Unread

"custom field group" field

• I have a certain use that I want to be able to make of it which I can’t find anywhere how to do. I want to be able to create a bunch of advanced custom field groups or “blocks” and then assign them to an the options page (which is fine I can do that), then, use the relationship field (or another) to select which of those “blocks” to appear on the chosen page.

I was thinking the Relationship field might be a good start as you can use that to select post types and pages etc, but it would be awesome to be able to select a custom field or field group, this would give a whole extra layer of power to the client. And perhaps this could be used in conjunction with the flexible content field (which is AWESOME btw).

The reason for this is that I want the client to be able to have a page with a sidebar that they can add a selection of “widget” type blocks, drag and drop them in the admin and reuse them on different pages. I thought that using widgets would be a possibility but that would mean registering a new sidebar for every page and my client has a services section with 4 top level items, about 12 child levels of each and grand children per page, this would mean having a sidebar for each page, plus the page itself which would be overwhelming. Some pages sidebars would be identical and the information would need to be entered once and update on all pages, some pages would have some blocks the same but have extra ones, so info would need to be shared across pages but flexible so that some pages have differnet blocks andean be moved around.

I think I am starting to repeat myself now, so I will leave it at that.

I would really appreciate a nudge in the right direction on this.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘"custom field group" field’ is closed to new replies.