Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Custom field data not saving to DB

Helping

Custom field data not saving to DB

• I’ve been using ACF for a few years on a website but recently I’ve been having issues with saving custom field data on new posts. The only way I can get the data to save is to login to the website’s database and add it manually.

The strange thing is that it’s only an issue on certain fields within the post type. This is not a new field group either. I’ve been posting data to this field group with no issues ever since I installed the plugin on the website.

For example, one of the Field Groups that has issues on the website is for Recipes. Included in this particular Field Group for recipes is a custom field for recipe Difficulty(select), Serving Size(text), Prep Time(text), Cook Time(text), Ingredients(Wysiwyg Editor), and Directions (Wsyiwyg Editor).

Whenever I try to add a new recipe and fill in all of the custom fields, only the Serving Size(text) and Directions (Wsyiwyg Editor) field data will save to the database upon publishing. All of the other fields go blank and no data for those fields is saved to the database. Like I said earlier, the only way I can get those fields to work is to go into the database and add the field data manually.

I’ve even tried deactivating all the installed plugins and reverting the theme back to the default WordPress theme, Twenty Thirteen, and then reactivating only the ACF plugin and it still didn’t work.

Any idea what could be going on here?

Current setup:
    WordPress 3.7.1
    Advanced Custom Fields 4.3.1
    PHP Version 5.4.13
    MySQL Version 5.5.30

• Hi @v1z1w0rx

This is most odd! Are the fields registered via PHP code, or are they created via the standard database UI?

Have you tried setting up the website on a local MAMP server? Perhaps there is an issue with POSTING data

My first through is that there is some conflict going on either from another plugin or from the theme.

Did you deactivate 100% of all plugins AND change theme to default? Can you make sure the default theme did not contain any custom functionality?

I would setup on a local install and start fresh.
    1. Re create the field group (perhaps even import / export)
    2. Create some new posts and see if it works
    3. Install your plugins 1 by one until the issue starts again
    4. Install your theme.

Thanks
    E

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Custom field data not saving to DB’ is closed to new replies.