I would just like to say thank you in advance for the help. I have two websites, one hosted locally and one about to launch that is on a live test server. On both, anytime a new field is added it always returns false. I’ve tried this with every type of field, changed the group and field names, i’ve deactivated all my plugins, even gone back to the 2014 theme. I’ve also increased settings in htaccess and php.ini files and still get the same result. I’ve spent the last two days on support forums and nothing seems to work. I’m running wordpress 4.0 and the latest plugin version. Thank you to everyone who can help.
Problem fixed. For anyone who may run into this problem, make sure that queries are ended properly.