Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Custom drop-down insite posts

Solving

Custom drop-down insite posts

• WE are working on a website for a chiropractor. We created custom field types for Services and Practitioners. So we are able to put in a Practitioners drop down in Services admin when adding a Service and choose who the Practitioner for that service is. That part is fine. However, we also want to be able to choose the Practitioner for a drop-down as an author for Blog Posts. Can’t figure out how to make this custom drop-down show-up when creating a regular blog post. Any suggestions?

• Hi @pixelbendr

Did you mean that you want to update the post author with the selected practitioner when you updated the post? If so, I believe you can use the acf/save_post hook, get the selected practitioner and then use the wp_update_post() function to update the post author.

If that isn’t what you mean, could you please explain it to me in more detail? If you can share some screenshots of the issue, that would be great too!

I hope this helps 🙂

• I am trying to find a way to show the drop-down menu of practitioners to choose from when creating a blog post in the wp-admin. I can’t figure out how to get the list of practitioners to be displayed in the posts admin when new posts are created (or posts are edited) so that a practitioner who wrote the post can be chosen and then displayed somehow on the actual blog as a by line.

• Hi @pixelbendr

I believe practitioners is a custom post type, right?. For something like that, you can use the post object field like the one on the service custom post type and then add the location rule to “Post Type <=> is equal to <=> Post”. To learn more about post object field, please take a look at this page: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/post-object/.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Custom drop-down insite posts’ is closed to new replies.